Wednesday, January 20, 2010

wire...torch...heat...patience...

Okay...I have been making balled headpins on my tiny Ronson torch for a while now, but I thought it was time to progress...



first I tried fine silver rings...hmmm, yuck!



After a couple of screw ups, though, I figured out where to put the heat and when to take it off...not perfect, but I am going to hammer the crap out of these!



On to copper...okay. not as easy! Crap!



More practice...okay, not so bad...



Wouldn't you know it, just as I was figuring out how to whisper the flame, I ran out of butane! All in all a good session, though! I can't wait to try again.


2 comments:

  1. I think you've made great progress! I haven't had my torch out in ages but now I'm inspired to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job. all it takes is patience and playing around and you got it!
    Yes, what a bummer you ran out of butane, it happened to me a few weeks ago when i was in the middle of something...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...