Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Blue Bird on a Snowy Day

So, my last post was my December 2014 AJE Component of the Month piece, featuring a sweet white snowflake by Diana Ptaszynski of Suburban Girl Studio, LLC!

If you remember, I got behind and didn't finish it.  I wasn't really happy with the layout and the clasp either.  This is the before shot...


Since then, I have done a little renovation and am really happy with the end result!

Here is the after..."blue bird on a snowy day".


I changed the juxtaposition of the copper snowflake to be above the blue bird, added a couple more copper beads, some winter flowers and leaves with curly tendrils.



I swapped out the original clasp for one the is a bit smaller and with a little more interest.


Of course, the LOS to add an antiqued patina makes the whites pop (just like a few of you said it would)!

Thanks for encouraging me to finish it!  I will be listing it at Melismatic Art Jewelry hopefully today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...