Sunday, November 30, 2014

Art Jewelry Elements Component of the Month, for November 2014

I am happy to be back on the last day of the month to share my design for the AJE COM featuring cute beaded ring components by our own Kristen Stevens!



Because Kristen is just so cool, she sent me a green set AND an indigo blue set!  These are made from twins, meaning they have 2 holes and they have a very cool iridescence which is very hard to capture in photos.

As per my standard MO, I waited until the last minute and created a pair of earrings with my indigo pair yesterday!


I wanted to make the beaded rings part of something else, so I found some copper washers that were the perfect size, after some hammering!  I decided I wanted to attach the beaded rings to the washers, so I got everything ready by texturing, punching some holes for the wire and added interest, patina'ed everything with LOS, then tumbled.  These are always important steps to remember to do BEFORE attaching fragile components like these that you don't want to expose to chemicals, or water!

I used very thin gauged copper wire and wrapped the rings onto the washters.  I used absolutely gorgeous lampwork headpins from Sue Kennedy of SueBeads.  These are my most favorite color combination she does!


I added my own hand fabricated sterling ear wires, embellished with tiny glass beads and copper wire for the finished pair.  I think a tiny touch of red to bring out the red in Sue's lampwork would have been great, but I couldn't find anything tiny enough and just the right color red for the jov.  These worked in a pinch!


There you go!  Thanks for stopping by.  Here are the participating Team Members and Guests for the month.  Go take a peek at all the gorgeousness!

Guest Designers


AJE Team




Thanks again, Kristen!


19 comments:

  1. Love your earrings. The color combination is fabulous. It's fun to see the different ways people are using the beaded rings. I like them in the washers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy freakin WOW!!! I love these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a washer :0) These are great Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful earrings - love these

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting that you and Lesley had a similar idea, but very different! I love what you did with the washers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! I love those headpins too! And the washer was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are gorgeous!! Love the flash of color on Sue's beautiful headpins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful earrings, love how you incorporated the washers in them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to wire them into the discs - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stellar! I adore them! And the style is SO you - I could have picked them out of a line up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything about these earrings...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful use of your components (those super duos are so stinkin' CUTE)... love the jazzy design, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Your earrings are stunning! I tried threading through the gaps between the beads in the rings, but couldn't squeeze anything through the tiny spaces. You aced it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are awesome! Those washers were the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melissa, these are stunning earrings! The colors in those gorgeous headpins look so lovely with the copper and the indigo rings. I love your idea to punch holes in the washers to wire wrap these. As I said in my comment to Lesley, in a moment of weakness I bought hundreds of copper washers that I feel compelled to use every time I sit down at my work table. It seems I am always searching for a new way to utilize them. Your design is so clever. I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that several of you had a similar idea, but executed your final pieces so differently! I would not have thought to go so vibrant with the coordinating colors, but those headpins totally set off the color of the components! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous!!! I love all of your metal work Melissa, but these are my favourite so far, the rich colours are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful design love all the colors

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...