Saturday, November 1, 2014

AJE Component of the Month for October 2014...

featuring amazing ceramic pieces by Karen Totten of Starry Road Studio!


She calls them Spiral Fossils and they are so very cool! I chose the green/blue glaze because I love it and I bought a few lovelies from her at BeadFest that totally work together!

Unfortunately, my piece isn't finished...I sort of bit off a bit more than I had time for after procrastinating...


I took so much time deciding that I wanted to try and experiment with Jenny Davies-Reazor's cool mixed-media pendant that she taught at BeadFest, and since I didn't take the workshop but am going on a quick how-to she graciously shared with me, most of my time was taken up getting the copper backplate how I wanted it.  Still have to cure the polymer and attach it all.

The other lovely pieces are also Karen's...love that feather, although it may be too similar in color, but it might work!

Hope you will check back...I will definitely post the finished piece!


Monthly Winners


AJE Blog Team

14 comments:

  1. Even unfinished, I can tell it's going to look amazing! I know you're probably going to patina it, but that flash of raw copper is really interesting with all of the rustic components. I hope you keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start, can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! I love what you have begun! Have fun finishing this lovliness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it so far.. I think the feather is going to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it so far! I can hardly wait to see what it grows up to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the pieces are there, it's obviously going to be fantastic!! Looking forward to seeing it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good Melissa - ? Can't wait to see how you get on with Jenny's technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the direction you're going with this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will definitely check back, I love the copper with the blue components...off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really loving the elements you are putting together for this. I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is going to look amazing! Hopefully you will share it with us once it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can already tell this is going to be a total beauty! I love your backplate!!! Can't wait to see the final piece!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is looking absolutely wonderful. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah! I am glad you are trying it out! I can't wait to see it finished. I like the floral quality that Im reading, and the feather is a nice counterpoint to that!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...