Tuesday, September 30, 2014

AJE Component of the Month for September...

featuring a very cool copper clay focal by Kristi Bowman!



I decided that my design should stay fairly simple to show off this wonderful pendant, but wanted to incorporate some color.  I found these pretty serpentine beads that I was saving for a rosary and decided to do a necklace of wrapped links.  Serpentine is one of my favorite stones and this strand had such wonderful autumnal colors that really work well with copper.  I decided to add a bit more weight and paired the wrapped links with some small copper chain from my stash.


I punched an additional hole in Kristi's focal so that I could dangle a bead below...unfortunately I didn't have any serpentine briolettes, but this quartz one has the right pale celadon green shade to pair with the serpentine.


Quirky me decided at the last minute to add a bead to one of the holes in the pendant, just for another bit of color and fun...I used a copper headpin and a round copper disc in the back to hold the bead in place.  I am not sure I like my clasp...I may try to come up with something different that doesn't distract, or possibly move the clasp to the back (gasp!).



Here is the list of other designers who created...go show them some love!


AJE Team Members

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful Melissa!! I wasn't able to finish my piece but I also put a bead through one of the holes on the first configuration I tried. I love it, and all the colorful beads are amazing!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Melissa the wrapped chain is gorgeous and those little flourishes on the focal add just the right touch. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece! Love the little accents you added to the focal and the whole autumn feel of your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful design! I love your beaded chain and it is the perfect compliment to Kristi's focal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a stunning chain and beautiful colours, perfect for the focal, I love the clasp too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those stones, I've not heard of serpentine before. I agree, perfect fall colors to show off the pendant. What I really love is how the briolette brings the attention to the swirl in the pendant pattern. Seriously great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that chain you made, Melissa, and I almost made another hole in my pendant, but was afraid I would mess it up! Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous design! I love how the necklace is really interesting yet doesn't overwhelm the focal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that the serpentine looks great with the copper. I like the drop and the bead through one of the holes too. They add just the right accent to Kristi's beautiful focal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this necklace! The serpentine looks great with the copper (as others have mentioned) and I love that sassy bead you added to the pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the picture where it's in a pile, a delicious, autumnal pile of beady goodness. The drop dangle is a perfect addition! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous necklace! Just perfect to brighten up a grey fall day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those serpentine beads... those colors look just yummy with Kristi's pendant! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is just so beautiful. I love the serpentine combined with the copper. It's really something special.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wrapped links are seriously to die for! I love your addition of color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very pretty (like everything you do!)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...