Thursday, January 17, 2013

Checking in...

Haven't been on the blog much...I know I don't have to apologize, but I always feel I should!  Haven't felt very creative so far in 2013...I have created, but haven't felt that spark that I should.  Part of that stems from the sudden loss of my only brother last week...only 62, he went to out to cut wood and never came home.  Luckily, his son knew the area he was working in and sent someone to find him...he apparently had collapsed from some sort of coronary.  He had a history of heart disease, but everyone, including him, thought he was in good health at the time.  Here he is in 1999 at my wedding, with my dear sisters and my Mother, who died just a few months after this was taken.  He gave me away since my Daddy had already passed.  I know they were happy to see you come home, Bubba!  I miss you!



What little bit I have been doing has been centered around the new BigShot I got for Christmas...these are up on Earrings Everyday today...minus earwires! Hope to get them added to my shop soon.



Thanks again to all who sent me loving messages on FB or via email...it means more than you know.


9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose someone you love, especially your only brother. Hold on to those memories and they'll help in the days and weeks ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I purchased a Big Kick with Christmas money and I've been so busy that I have yet to pull it out of the box. I love the earrings you made using your big shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I've been thinking of you and the tragedy of losing your brother recently. I am so sorry about your loss. Will keep you and your brother's family in my prayers. It is understandable that you haven't been feeling creative lately... but the earrings you did make are gorgeous as usual. You always have a way of making such pretty earrings. Sending you a {hug}!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, deepest condolences to you on the loss of your brother. Can't even imagine what you're going through, but you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your loss... don't feel worried about blogging! Spending time with family and getting through this initial sad time is way more important. Saying that, you did a lovely job on the earrings, keep well,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Miss Melissa! I am so very sorry for your loss. You need to focus on you right now. I hope that you can find the peace that you need in your heart to weather the coming days and years in your dear brother's absence. Please know that you are in my prayers. And I saw this message today and it made me think that perhaps it would give you hope: http://strikingtruths.com/things-to-come/
    May there be good things to come!
    Find your 'something good' today and every day.
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss. My Dad also recently passed. I can not imagine loosing my brother. My heart felt thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your loss Melissa. Hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Melissa I am so sorry for the loss of your brother and so young! I miss seeing you and am just getting back to blogging and catching up with everyone. Take care and know I am sending hugs and love your way!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...