I am slowly but surely finishing pieces that have been started for forever. This past weekend I finally completed this little set which was some of the first soft-soldered bezels with resin I attempted. I loved how the bezels turned out, but the resin, not so much. I attached the music paper with Mod Podge and didn't wait until it was completely dry to fill the bezels with resin. The earrings worked out okay, but the pendant is a bit cloudy and has lots of bubbles, even though I worked hard to get rid of them.
All that aside, I like them! I decided to stay with the mixed metal look of silver and bronze, but wanted to add some color. I think the garnet adds a lushness to the antique quality of the music paper and when trying to think of a name, "baroque" was the 1st thing that popped in my head. I wire wrapped the tiny faceted garnets in the necklace with bronze wire, along with 1 inch lengths of sterling silver chain and added a bronze swirly hook clasp.
In a moment of weakness, my hubby has agreed to swap his "man cave/library/catch-all" room (that he really never uses) for the little nook I have been using for jewelry and other arts! It will entail finding a spot to put everything as we empty it from one room into the other, but I am so excited! I have yet to have 1 centralized place to work. I will still keep my enameling and soldering in the basement, but, Yay! Maybe I will even have room to set up my sewing machine...not that I really sew, but it would be fun to try again. I will keep you posted!
Thanks for dropping in :)