Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Notes from the Universe

I signed up to get inspirational emails from this site called "Notes from the Universe".  I really love it, you personalize it, so it is like a pep talk from an old friend!  This is what I got yesterday...

"Little is more impressive, inspirational, or sexy, Melissa, than watching someone in the throes of action, driven by purpose, oblivious to all but their aim.  Today has your name all over it - The Universe"

Cool, huh?
And in keeping with that...here's my Arts Market Count Down Post - Day 2

Last night was yard cleanup...trash days in our neighborhood on the 1st and 3rd weeks of the month include yard waste pickup, so Ben and I worked hard outside until dusk.

I was able to work on a new piece for a bit...can't wait to show it to you, but alas, it is not ready yet :)

But keeping my pact to post new work, here is more Swarovski!  First is a necklace and earrings in sterling, featuring fuschia briolettes and tiny bicones...


Next is an antiqued brass necklace with emerald green opal. I love the "opal" Swarovski crystals, they have such a nice depth and almost chatoyancy - somewhere in between transparent and opaque!  I thought this worked really well with the big rhyolite bead.  I am going to have to go back and try to oxidize the wire I used on the necklace, as it is just too bright.



1 comment:

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...