Monday, December 7, 2009

Art Exchange - Round 2!

I love getting surprise goodies in the mail...I mean, who doesn't?

My 2nd package from the art exchange I participated in came from Laura Rutkair...The Quiet Canadian. What a cool business name! Thank you again, Laura!

As soon as I opened the package, I knew I was going to be happy! There was a beautiful holiday card created from this print, called "Snow Bauble". I have to think of someone very special to send it to...or maybe it will stay on display for all to see! Laura also included a sweet note on another card featuring this print..."the well-kept secret". I love this fish!

But this is what I really love...


This very cool necklace has a photo of a daisy (one of my favorite flowers, by the way) encased under a cool resin-like adhesive...I've gotta get me some! I have worn it just about every other day since it arrived :)

Laura has a lot of fine art prints in her Etsy shop, like this one... look at that sky!


There is a bunch of other fun stuff like papercuts, cards, and fibre as well. This bright green crocheted and felted bag is calling my name (I have a thing for green, if you haven't noticed)...another great gift idea.




Go now and browse through her shop!!




2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you liked the cards and necklace, Melissa. I, too, have received some wonderful surprises from this art exchange.

    As a side note: I was hesitant to participate in this exchange as it had a definite chain mail tone to it. But I am so glad I did. I have received some wonderful art and the people I have met through this exchange are all sincere and generous. What a great way to get interesting art moving around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been thrilled to have received this beautiful necklace too...no wonder you've worn it so much! The flower pendant is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...