Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More Netted Bezel Fun...

This Eni-inspired pendant was created for a pendant swap I participated in at Metalchasers. 

As usual, I procrastinated until the last minute!  I basically knew what I wanted to do, but getting myself to start the project was really hard.  I started with a big silver leaf jasper focal bead which was a nice size, but after wrapping it using Eni's netted bezel technique, I decided  more embellishment was needed.  My initial plan was to have the border be very consistent...just freshwater pearls, but once I got going, the border sort of had a mind of it's own...:)  I used 4mm faceted silver leaf, moonstone rondelles, tiny Hill Tribe Silver beads, and freshwater pearls, then added a single pearl to the bail, then lightly oxidzed it for my favorite vintage-look patina. 

Its new owner Angela says she loves it - yay!

1 comment:

  1. Tammy1:01 PM

    I bet she does love it! It's gorgeous! What a beautiful stone you used.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...