Thursday, May 8, 2008

Amazonite Cross Necklace - Revisited and Finished!

A few weeks back I posted a work in progress of a woven/coiled wire cross  based on Iza's tutorial.  Although I was really proud of myself for taking the leap and doing it, the more I looked at it, the more I wanted to redo it.  I knew if I started taking it apart, I might actually destroy it and there would be no turning back, so I decided to just redo the top and left arms, as these were the 1st ones I completed, so the bottom and right ones were actually okay.  Luckily, this did not destroy the integrity of the piece and actually saved it, in my opinion.  It is still not perfect, but what is? (Don't answer that!)  I decided that it should be a necklace so after a couple of wrong turns design-wise, came up with adding the faceted aquamarines for sparkle, and herringbone-wrapping a couple more amazonite rondells.

The man didn't want me to oxidize - he liked it bright and shiny.  This too spurred an internal struggle, but in the end LOS won!   I tried to keep it light though, and I think it works...what do you think?

 Amazonite Woven Wire Cross/Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...