Thursday, April 3, 2008


Last night, I did the most stupid and careless thing I have done in a long while.  I was cooking dinner for my family, feeling pretty good because it was actually before 9pm.  I had spent at least an hour after work, weeding my front flower beds, getting them ready for mulch, and was a bit tired but everything was under control...I thought.  The meal was ready and waiting for my last step...drain the corn I had added to the menu at the last minute.  I removed a small saucepan full of bubbling corn from the stovetop to drain the liquid, and as I turned from the stove to the sink, the pan lurched, sloshing boiling hot water on my right foot. Owwwwww! Luckily (or not - I haven't quite decided) I had a sock on.  I removed it quickly, and immediately hobbled upstairs to run cold water over my foot. 

The man was pretty cool - he came to rescue and finished dinner, while I iced my sizzling tootsie pretty much the rest of the evening. Getting to sleep was very difficult.  I finally did and awoke this morning in not too much pain...until I had to put on shoes for work.  Yikes!  Luckily I have some soft mules that I can slip off under my desk.

Moral of this story - you can't let down your guard while cooking, ever!  Even if you are doing something mundane that you have done countless times before.  Oh, and don't put too much water in the frozen corn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...