Monday, November 12, 2012

Art Charm Swap Blog Hop!

I happily participated in an Art Charm Swap hosted by Jen Cameron.  I had seen posts about it from last year and was excited to get to play this time!

Glass Addictions by Jen Cameron

Besides getting to receive cool, inspirational charms from fabulous jewelry artists, the swap benefits an organization called Beads of Courage, a wonderful charity that provides supportive care programs for children coping with serious illness, their families and the health care providers who care for them. Please go and read about this generous organization and see how much they do for sick kids.  Each participant was required to create an extra charm to be auctioned off for this great charity.  

 

Jen chose the theme "Laugh" for this year's swap.  At first I had a hard time coming up with something, but as I was playing with ideas, I decided to create something that always makes me smile...flowers!  What else makes me happy?  Torch-fired enameling!  So, here are my enameled, layered flower charms!


I received my set of enameling pens right after getting these ready to put together and decided to go a step further and put some happy polka dots around the edges.  Some colors worked out better than others...but these definitely make me smile when I see them.  I hope the recipients feel the same way!


Here is a close up!


Jen will be listing the auctions up on eBay around 3pm EST today.  Please go and check them out and bid!  Here is a link to the Auction Site: http://myworld.ebay.com/glassaddictions.

A wonderful group of artists participated this year...so many that Jen had to divide us up into groups!  I received some gorgeous charms...I will feature them in a post later this week.  In the meantime, you can go see what every one created by hopping to the other blogs on the list!  Here they are....

Jennifer Cameron: http://wp.me/p1xIa0-wn  
Melissa Meman: You are here!!
Natalie McKenna: http://www.grubbi.co.uk/

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Monday!  Happy Veteran's Day!  Remember to check out the eBay auctions and remember what a great cause they support!

18 comments:

  1. Very fun!!! I think I would have made 40 charms just to have them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your enameling. It is something I would dearly love to do. I took the class, bought all the supplies (other than gas) but alas, I have not set up for this in my basement. Maybe one day... until then it makes me happy to know that I can get it from a pro like you! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lucky enough to receive one of these, and they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! Great colors and just charming. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! Melissa, I am feeling like Jean... it would have been worth making 40 or 50 charms just to make sure we got one from everyone! (But poor Jen would have to hire a few slaves LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to tell you, when I saw you were on the list, I was crossing my fingers I would get in your team! I knew you would make something awesome. Those flowers are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I want, I want! And I so love the bracelet in your blog header, gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome charms! love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful charms! I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific charms Melissa, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job!!! I love the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great charms. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely charms and great initiative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these! They are definitely in my top 5 favorites for this event.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely perfect - I love the happy, cheering colours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors -- bright dots always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your charms! And I guess someone else did too. Congrats on their sale in the Beads of Courage auction on the very 1st day! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SaWEEET! I love these - and they do make me smile, too! I have a thing for little painted dots.....I know, weird! But they just make my heart smile.....

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...