Tuesday, March 8, 2011

February ABS Challenge...yes, you read that right!

Better late than never!  Even though the Art Bead Scene is in the midst of the March challenge featuring a gorgeous, colorful Paul Gauguin painting, I have just now finished with the Feb challenge!

I had the idea, and got the focal created, but then along came this nasty bronchitis/flu/whatever that I had, as well as needing to finish my bead soup piece.  All of a sudden it was March, but I decided  to finish it anyway!

The February challenge featured a painting by John Singer Sargent, "Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose"
 

And here is my design...

 
I started with a brass rectangle and a couple of filigree pieces which I torch-fire enameled, riveted together and enameled again!  I hung it from some copper chain via a copper washer that I vined some wire around and dangled several sweet Czech glass flowers embellished with some of my enameled headpins, then fashioned a copper clasp with another flower wrapped on...simple but sweet, and although I am too late to be included in the actual challenge, I think I represented :)


Now, on to the March challenge!

6 comments:

  1. It's lovely! I'm glad you finished it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is beautiful and love the wirework. To bad it is late it would have been in the running. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is gorgeous Melissa, and the focal is a big WOW!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Melissa! Sorry you were under the weather - that's been going around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous woman! You are right, better late than never!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...