Thursday, September 30, 2010

I followed my bliss...

at ArtBliss, this past Saturday!  If you read lots of jewelry blogs, you have probably been inundated with posts about how fabulous it was.  Well, it was!!!

Kudos to Cindy Wimmer and Jeanette Blix for organizing this retreat!  My only complaint was that I was too broke to take advantage of more classes!  I took Melissa Manley's Hard Candy class which really expanded my jewelry "horizons" immensely!

Saturday evening, I took Deryn Mentock's Musical Earrings class, which was very fun!  I got to use Ice Resin, and am now all psyched to jump into her Towers and Turrets on-line workshop!

One of the best things about Saturday was getting together with old bloggy friends, and making new ones! During Hard Candy, I was lucky to share a table with sweet Christine Brandel and during Musical Earrings, I sat next to the talented Sue Kennedy!   So much fun, crammed into 1 day for me :)   

Leslie, Shelby, Christine, Maureen and Melissa -the afterglow of Hard Candy Bliss!
I don't have many photos from the day..I forgot my camera in the car, then went and got it and took a couple shots and the battery died...go figure.   Go check out Cindy's and Jeanette's blog for more cool photos of the event...Cindy even took several videos! 

Some of us in the Yahoo group exchanged leaf charms as a keepsake of the workshop...I haven't put mine together into a cohesive piece of jewelry yet...I keep taking them out and fondling them though!  Here are the ones I made...little pressed czech glass leaves in lovely autumn colors.  I formed a leaf shape around them with copper wire.  Simple and fun!



I can't wait for the next one!!!


4 comments:

  1. Everyone in this picture looks tremendously happy and in their element. What a beautiful bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun. Wish I could have joined you. Hopefully someday there is something like that in Germany. And your charms are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the next one because I'll finally get to be there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, thank you for the sweet words...I am so glad you had a great time. I know I sure did too! It was so wonderful to see so many of you (like everyone in this photo) again! You are all becoming one extending blog family to me....and seeing each other in person from time to time is the icing on the cake.
    I love my copper leaf charm that you created...it is bright and shiny and the wirework is perfection!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...