Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Spring is...

finally raising her lovely head in Frederick!  At least for now :)






I can't wait to get outside and work in the yard and garden.  Being raised a country girl, there is just something about the way the dirt smells that first time you dig through it in very early spring...it is a very strong sense memory for me and takes me back to helping my Daddy get the fields ready for early planting.  He always had something ready to go in the ground by Good Friday...early potatoes, spring lettuce, English peas.

And yay, another perk of daylight savings time...when I got home from work yesterday it was sunny enough still at 6:00pm to take some outside photos!

Saturday is officially the 1st day of Spring - we are supposed to go and hike through Gettysburg with Ben's cub scout pack...hope it is not raining:)

Oh, I have been meaning to post this for a while...finally got a good photo of it.  My 1st "mixed media" piece...I guess you could call it that!  It didn't really turn out the way I wanted, and the necklace isn't actually finished, but I will wear it.  Sempre love...



I used brass earring findings, scrapbooking paper and diamond glaze.  I thought the findings were the perfect thing for this and really want to try again, but with resin...I have some Ice resin just sitting there calling my name!

1 comment:

  1. So cool! Your first mixed media piece! It turned out great too.... love the design. I bet it can be addictive. I tried Ice Resin before the Holidays and it was fun...just haven't had time to experiment more. Can you believe I saw cherry blossoms in bloom yesterday around here!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...