Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fit-by-50

I have been in a huge slump, jewelry-wise, for the past few weeks.  Ever since I was sick several weeks ago, I just haven't had the gumption to get back in the groove.  I have several pieces started and I go and rummage through them, pick them up, look at them, and put them back down in the pile. 

I know what most of my problem is...I haven't been taking care of myself the way I should be.  This time last summer, my fam and I had just gotten back from a week at the beach - very relaxing and pleasant, but after seeing all the pictures and being horrifed at the way I looked, not only in a swimsuit, but regular summer clothes, I decided to really work to get in shape.  My mantra was "50 by 50" - lose 50 pounds by my 50th birthday (then a whole 15 months away)!  I joined weight-watchers and started walking/working-out regularly. By September, my 49th bd,  I had lost 20 lbs and felt really good about myself.  Then, as all mothers of 6 year olds know, the candy holidays came around...you know, October - Halloween, November - Thanksgiving (what, you don't celebrate Turkey Day by gorging on chocolate candy?), December - Christmas, yada, yada... For awhile I maintained, but around February my weight crept back up, and it seems that now I have gained every last bit back.

I made the decision over the weekend to get back on the wagon, as it were...went to my 1st WW meeting since Feb. and have been trying to track my food intake and move more.  At this point, my "50 by 50" seems impossible, but I guess "fit by 50" might be doable - I have less than 3 months to make a dent!

Now, if I can just get some jewelry made...

2 comments:

  1. Tammy6:02 PM

    Melissa, I feel you on the not being fit! I'm so out of shape, it's scary. It has happened in the last 3 years. It really is true what they say about turning 40! Everything goes to crap! My eyes got really bad, really fast. I gained 40 lbs. and got completely flabby. Up until then I'd always been in really good shape. Oh, the joys of growing older! LOL
    Thanks for your comment over at my blog. I love the hardware store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really identify with your post. I just saw a picture of myself and was horrified. I have been down in the dumps all day about it. I too, am trying to lose weight, and it is so hard!!!!
    I am going to start walking and counting calories...my hubby has just lost 23 pounds in 1 1/2 months!!!
    So I am very motivated...a picture really shows you what your mind rationalizes away...good luck...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...