Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Swag!

I celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday since the man had a gig on Sunday.  We went to Costco, and I picked out 2 (!) bouquets of flowers...well, I picked out the roses, and the boy picked the others.  Then on a whim, we went to this cool little antique mall that I have been wanting to visit and I found lots of fun things, but decided on 2 milk glass vases to add to my collection...a Westmoreland "Old Quilts" fan vase, which the man sweetly bought for me, and a small Fenton "Hobnail" one that I bought for myself!

flowersThe "Old Quilts" design is by far my favorite...the vase on the left is one I already had.  

Late on Saturday night, the man gave me another present..."Twenty-Four Italian Songs and Arias"!  Squee!  I have owned this book at least 4 times in my life, but it is always misplaced, loaned-out and never returned, walked-away, or just worn out.  In college we always called these the "Top 24"!  I have been singing Scarlatti's "Le Violette" ever since!

songs

Then, on Sunday morning, the "cherry on top" arrived via my little man...1st came his present they made in school...

petunia

Then something he made at church...

tulips

Of course, I got all teary...wouldn't you?  I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...