Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bead Soup Blog Party #6, Reveal Day...TaDa!

Welcome to the Bead Soup Blog Party #6!  Hostess with the mostest is Lori Anderson!  She works so hard on these parties and deserves a round of applause, a hug, a shot of Scotch, and perhaps a piece of pie (not necessarily in that order!)

When I found out I was going to be part of Reveal Day #2, I thought "woo-hoo! I'll have extra time and won't wait until the last minute to get going!"  Not!  I think I have to accept the fact that I do my best work when I know I only have a few hours to get it going.  Case in point...my original vision for the wonderful soup I received from my partner Ema Kilroy was in a total different direction.  The necklace was going to incorporate pretty much all the components she sent...very full and heavy!

I just couldn't get my head around the lovely focal bead, though.  I mean, it is absolutely gorgeous, but big!  I finally decided it had to stand on its own.  I made all the bead caps from copper using a brass design plate (thanks Keirsten Giles!), and originally was just going to hang it from this gorgeous sari silk I got from Barbara Lewis, then decided that it still needed something else...not more beads, but maybe a cool bail or structure for it to hang from. Sooo, I annealed 3 pieces of  12g copper wire and embossed them with the same brass design plate I used on the bead caps, then wove them together with 26g copper wire.



The earrings were actually the last design I did...I separated these 2 beads from the rest because of the cool greenish pattern that showed up.  As with the focal, I decided they could stand on their own, so I capped them, and used enameled headpins in mint to bring out that flash.


Since I decided not to use Ema's clasp in the necklace, I thought a bracelet would be fun, so I chose 3 of her lampwork beads...these have a lot of metallic sheen going on, and capped them with more of my copper bead caps, threw in a couple of torch-fired enamel beads I had hanging around, and a couple of the rose quartz barrel beads Ema sent.  I wire-wrapped all the components, as I am want to do and attached the toggle.  Ema added a 2nd connecting hole, I assume for attaching a focal, but since I didn't use it that way, I attached an enameled headpin, again with the help of a tute from Keirsten Giles, wrapped it around in a rosette.



Original soup from Ema (clasp not shown)
I didn't get a chance to incorporate the tiny glass beads or even the wonderful jump rings and headpins Ema sent, but I do have an idea in mind for some of them...I'll save that for another day!

There you have it!  Make sure to go see what Ema did with the stash I sent her...I am anxious to see it myself, then go and visit the other participants for this go-round.




Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 
Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners
Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 
 Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul 
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead
Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs ( My partner!!)
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio
Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads
Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
 Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae
Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders
Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place
 Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
 Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.  (you are here!!)
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs
Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle
Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads
Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 
Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art


67 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Melissa and your right that focal looks amazing on its own and what a perfect copper frame for it. My favorite is the bracelet but I am sort of a bracelet gal, the enameled rosette is the perfect touch on the toggle. The soup you received is just beautiful love the colors of the lampwork beads.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!
    every piece you made is gorgeous !
    the pendant you created for the focal
    has me almost speechless....
    AWESOME!!!!!
    Delicious soup!
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic beads in your soup ang great designs!.My faourite id the first necklace.Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your necklace is a show stopper! I love how you embossed the wires in the bail. Love all the colors picked up in the bracelet... awesome job!

    btw - your background on your blog is guh-gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love your style! That is such an awesome necklace, you really showed off that beautiful focal. Those sweet earrings are seriously cool, and the bracelet is just yummy!!! Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. Can you bribe your partner to send me those beads? Or can I bribe you to send me those pieces of jewelry? I kid you not -- my style! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!

    Can't wait to see you at artBLISS (you're coming, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pieces.The necklace is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to showcase the focal bead... spectacular! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Really incredible! Your work is always stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning pieces - love what you did with that focal bead - the flattened wire is awesome! Love the earrings and bracelet too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow! you rawked this soup. your design is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome how you made the pendant hanger. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6:36 PM

    Girl, I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! I love what you did for the focal. A beautiful design on many levels. The earrings are just beautiful! I love them. And your design of the necklace is perfect. Thank you for being my partner. It has been fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm running out of adjectives to describe all the wonderful designs in the second reveal. Your work is WOW!!! I absolutely love what you did with the focal and handmade bail.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The necklace is FABULOUS! I like that you used the beads in three separate pieces -- if they'd been all together, they would have been beautiful, but this way you gave each bead a chance to shine on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work. I am in love with those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous work! I love the metal accents you used to complement those fabulous glass colours. That focal bar is really eye catching

    ReplyDelete
  19. That necklace is just stunning. I love the framework you created. It really shows off the focal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That pendant IS definitely quite the show stopper. It's simply stunning with all those vivid colors; I think you did a beautiful job showcasing it off! I'm a sucker for a nice, big statement piece so I'm drawn to that necklace :)

    Like I told someone else earlier, I've seen a lot of enamel beads and focals being used in soups and designs today and I think that's my next step; I love the way they look!

    Beautiful job on everything :)

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your work is just stunning! I love all of the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing! I'm in awe, every single piece is perfection

    ReplyDelete
  23. OK Melissa, I hope the next time I see you, you are wearing this necklace because i may just have to try this on, it's gorgeous! LOVE the way you put it all together and those colors!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gosh that necklace is pretty, I love the cross of feminine and metal elements. WOnderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You were sent beautiful beads to work with and I love all your copper caps that embellished them. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Astounding! Love the earrings! All the pieces are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I adore what you did with your focal, gorgeous metal work and fabulous way to make an incredible statement! I love your work and your blog is adorable! :-) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  28. Um wow...love the colours and metals.Love and hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  29. The soup you received was beautiful ...what you created with it is JUST GORGEUS!! Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous designs as always!!! Love those earrings..colors are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The earrings are my favorite! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my! Your designs are stunning ... they showcase the beads so beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. you did an amazing job with the focal. I love that. everything else is just lovely too. great work! ~diana

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous! The focal is jaw-dropping!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Totally totally awesomeness. I love the design of your necklace, so artistic, truly one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really like the way you set your focal in your design. You produced a gorgeous necklace:)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, I'm nearly speachless! I love the way you showed off that wonderful focal. And that handmade bail is fabulous! The colors are fabulous. Looks like you do very well when working right up to the last minute. Sometimes that bites me in the backside, but most of the time it works for me as well.

    Thanks for all the eye-candy!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I absolutely love the choices you took with your designs. That sari silk necklace perfectly showcases the beautiful focal. While keeping things simple, I appreciate how you included details like the rosetter headpin etc. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  39. AMAZING! Your beadsoup was fantastic so are your pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Kudos! That pendant hanger bail thingy you made up for the focal bead is perfection. I think you were absolutely spot on with your decision to let the focal shine on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very pretty pieces. Love the pendant bail that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow Melissa, you really do work well under preasure I love all three of your beautiful designs. My favorite is the necklace it is awesome.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  43. SWOON! Each and every one of the pieces you made are AMAZING! I'm not surprised though, your work is always swoon-worthy. Fabulous job with your soup. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Sooo in love with your work. Totally amazing, beautiful, colorful, unique and artistic. Love, love, love !!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I really love the way you highlighted the focal bead with the copper work, it gives it a very vintage asian feel. Love you bead caps too!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow! Girl, you nailed it. That bail is perfect with that bead. What a compliment to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Melissa! Looks awesome, so glad to see you! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am crazy for your pieces! The way you showcased your focal is stunning! Beautiful, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh.. Love the focal and how you set it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What beautiful soup you had to work with! And you did such an astounding job showcasing those lampwork beads!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love the way you set off the focal, it is stunning. I really like the earrings too, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love the wireweaving!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love your handmade bail! Great work on all your pieces!They earrings are my fav! Love the bead caps. Where did you find those??

    ReplyDelete
  54. A+A+A+ Your pieces are amazing. The bail you made compliments that lampworked focal perfectly. Al 3 of your pieces are blue ribbon. Very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  55. wonderful creation! you did a great job with your soup!
    greets
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great design! Love how you featured that large focal, the bain is amazing! Love those earrings too.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Anonymous3:06 AM

    Lovely creations, the focal looks spectacular on that bail you made and I love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  58. What lovely things you have created, I especially like the bracelet very nice!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  59. Sorry I am so late, I have been having computer issues! Very nice, I actually really like the necklace. The copper just adds to it!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow, I think that bail might be my favorite thing of this BSBP round...love.it. Love it. Did I mention I love it??

    ReplyDelete
  61. What a beautiful use of glass and metal! My goodness, I have the feeling I'll learn something really profound if I keep looking at these pieces long enough! Beautiful glass, inspiring metalwork, enchanting designs!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I do my best work at the last minute too. Between me and you...I'm reveal day three (Saturday) and haven't started. :) Your pieces are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  63. All your pieces are just gorgeous. I love the metal work, the use of fiber and the colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I love the variety of components that you used in the bracelet. I tend to do real matchy type things. I can see I need to try to use more variety.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love all your pieces, just my style!
    I'm still hopping,sorry I'm late!
    ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  66. Seriously beautiful amazing stunning pieces! Great work, love your art and talent!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...