Friday, February 17, 2012

Bead Soup Mix for my Partner...


I included a big (2 inch) mixed metal focal disk I created with embedded filigree into solder over a copper base.  The clasp is also mixed...the circle is a copper base that has been covered with solder and textured...the hook is copper wrapped with brass.  Using metals as my focals, the color palette for the rest of the beads was unlimited.  I like the look of the green and browns that I chose, though.  The first thing I picked up were the lampwork beads by Reghina of Birchtree Jewelry..the picture doesn't show it very well, but these lovely beads have tiny specks of green among the golds and brown.  The rest was easy...faceted botswana agate, 6mm green stones (not sure exactly!), pretty Czech glass leaves and a few of my enameled beads.

I am liking this color palette so much, I may have to create myself a second mix to play with later on!  I can't wait to see what Michelle creates!




6 comments:

  1. Waauuww! Is this for the bead soup blog party? It is a really cool mix! I didn't get in the soup..:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bead soup! I'm a sucker for lampwork beads, and these look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, your partner is sure to love the bead soup you sent...what a beautiful soldered pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the bead soup. I absolutely love it! I hope I bring justice to your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Melissa~ This will be fun to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my,what a treasure of goodies!!I also had a sneak peak at what you received and I can only imagine the deliciousness that you create...Is that a word?Deliciousness..Mmmm.heehee.Have a wonderful day!!Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...