Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Time Flies...

source: Pinterest
Wow, I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I have stopped by to say "How-dy-doo!"  Time sure does fly!  A lot has been happening behind the scenes during that 2 weeks...my baby boy turned 10, he started 5th grade, I turned 53, uh, 29 ; yard work, house work, new den furniture, lots and lots and lots of rain, dr's appts (lots of preventative stuff that I have put off), and on, and on! Family wise, those are the things I have been focusing on. 

On the creative front, there are deadlines that are approaching...the Bead Soup Blog Party reveal is this Saturday, the 17th.  Yikes - that sure got here fast!  In other words, I am not done and am stressing a bit! My piece(s) will get finished, though, never fear!  Art Bliss is fast approaching as well and though I am totally excited about that, I signed up to participate in the charm swap and the name tag challenge.  The charms are started, at least...coming up with the design was the biggest hurdle.  The name tag is another story!  It's not too late to sign up, by the way!  Online registration closes on September 20 but I believe you can register at the venue, unless the class is full!  I will be taking Deryn Mentock's "Wax On"  and Richard Salley's "Lasting Impressions" classes!


Source: ArtBliss Workshops - Deryn Mentock & Richard Salley class photos
Then, there are the upcoming jewelry shows!  October 1 is a pretty big one for me - the East Street/Shab Row Jewelry and Wearables Show in Frederick.  I did this one last year and it was pretty much a success - my 1st real "outdoor, using my tent" show.  The weather was gorgeous and I had no tent issues, so am hoping this year goes as well.  Needless to say, I have been cranking out some new items for that, as well as some other shows on the horizon later this fall.
So, there you have it!  My current life in a nutshell!  I'm glad you stopped by :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa, we will be in the same classes at artbliss! Happy Birthday! I still have to do my BSBP post, my charms, the nametag and gather the stuff to go away next week so you are in good company! See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...