Monday, August 16, 2010

Time Flies...

Wow, I haven't been here in over a week!  I was on a roll there for a while, though :)  This summer has gone so fast...it seems like yesterday we were digging out our pool/beach stuff and it was actually yesterday, that we went and got the almost-4th grader's school supplies - Yikes!  He goes back on the 23rd here in Frederick.

I have been working on lots of fun stuff!  Some I won't show you just yet, and others aren't quite ready to show, but keeping in my copper vein, here is a fun pair of earrings featuring some pretty borosilicate lampwork beads made by local artist Julie Delaney.  I am a huge fan of green and fell in love with these.  They are pretty large hoops, but the copper makes them super lightweight.  As usual for me though, I incorporated some silver here and there...in the earwires and balinese embellishments.


Thanks so much for all your recent comments!  I think my last post has gotten more comments than I have ever gotten on a show and tell post that wasn't related to a bead party :)  You all rock!


4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the summer flying by...it has gone so fast for us as well. Lovely earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Time has gone by too fast!!! I have a soon-to-be 4th grader as well and we have not shopped for school supplies yet. Your earrings are just gorgeous...always love what you do with wire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Melissa. Those blues and aquas ... I can tell you're still at the beach ... at least mentally. Beautiful graceful curves on the metal ... which is the mark of a true craftsman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with these earrings, BIGTIME!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...