Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Fever!

I can not believe it is already the middle of March!  I was just saying "Happy New Year" the other day...in fact, just got around to putting way some errant Christmas decorations that I missed on the 1st  post-holiday cleanup! 


Where did that time go?  What about all my 2009 resolutions/aspirations?  My main resolution was to post at least one new piece of jewelry weekly.  Oops, haven't lived up to that one. Oh, well...not going to worry too much...Spring is almost here and I have the fever!


Spring is my all-time favorite season.  I love it when the 1st flowers start pushing their new green growth up out of the cold, sometimes still-frozen ground.  The 1st really warm days, all I want to do is go dig in the dirt.  Last weekend, we had spring-like temperatures in the 70's, but I didn't get a chance to garden though.  This weekend, of course, it is supposed to be cold and yucky, so all that new growth that peeked out could be in danger.


Here are a few things I found in my yard in the last few days...


Emergingdafs 


Same dafs, a couple of days later


Dafs 


Some sedum, trying hard to emerge through last year's dead flower stalks and old leaves that need to be cleaned up.  This bed will be first on my list to cleanup, along with a couple of butterfly bushes that I didn't cut back last autumn.


Peekingsedum 


The down side of gardening season is the shortage of the thing I need most...time! I will have to choose which to do...work in my beloved garden or make jewelry. 


If I could just quit my day job :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa! I'm okay now, and I have no idea what was wrong with me, but I didn't go to the doctor!
    I love the flowers. Daffodils are my very favorite flower in the world. Maybe it's because the signal the end of winter.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...