Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Why Pink Zinnias?

Some of you may have wondered..."why PinkZinnias?"  Well, zinnias of all colors have always been my all time favorite flowers.  My Mama and Granny always had huge beds full of "old maids" as we call them in the South.  Pink Zinnias are especially dear to my heart, for some reason.  I planted the ones in my new header photo 2 years ago...they were just a few of a plethora of blooms in all colors - there were reds, oranges, salmon (yum), peach, white, pale green, and these pretty pinks.  I didn't get to re-sow them last year as I kept putting it off until it was too late.  Too many irons in the fire.  Then, in the heat of the summer, I noticed the green leaves poking out around my daylilies and sure enough, before I knew it, I had these "volunteer" pink ladies.  I think it is interesting that only the pink variety came back.  The boy is all proud, because what you can't see at the bottom of the photo is a pumpkin that he grew from a seed!

Edited to add - too bad I didn't photoshop that dead daylily stalk out of the shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...